From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] no boot screen, cannot see options.
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 13:02:06
1 On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > <SNIP>
4 >> I'll have to double check python-updater. I thought I finished that
5 >> step completely. The machine is currently in Windows so I'll do that
6 >> in a bit.
7 > <SNIP>
8 >
9 > I was wrong about this. I had some blocking items to there is still a
10 > bunch of work to do. It's running and hopefully will finish up in an
11 > hour or two.
12 >
13 > thanks all,
14 > Mark
17 To follow up and close this thread, I completed updating the machine yesterday
18
19 python-updater
20 emerge -DuN system
21 emerge -DuN world
22 emerge --depclean
23 revdep-rebuild
24
25 With all of that done rebooting I now see the boot options when grub starts.
26
27 - Mark