From: Tres Melton <tres@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kernel.org vs. Gentoo-64 bit kernels (xruns)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 02:11:14
1 On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 17:18 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > This doesn't help me. I'm not a programmer - I'm a guitar player. I
4 > don't read ebuilds at all. Completely a foreign language to me...
5
6 Ebuilds are bash shell scripts actually. There is a certain order that
7 functions are called and a set of default functions to call. Any
8 functions that are in the ebuild are overloaded functions and perform
9 the same task but slightly differently. The bash manual page should
10 help out here as well as the developers handbook here:
11 http://dev.gentoo.org/~plasmaroo/devmanual/
12
13 > I appreaciate the info a lot. Thanks!
14
15 No problem.
16
17 > Cheers,