From: Tamas Karpati <tkarpati@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] VMWare Workstation install
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 12:34:32
1 Dear all,
2
3 1. Failed installing VMWare Workstation 10.* (WS) along with any
4 gentoo-sources (swept all stable and latest ~amd64 versions recent days),
5
6 2. seeing many solutions of remarkably few types re-appearing
7 on the net after several version bumps but still
8
9 3. having 0 (zero) stable versions of WS in the portage tree
10
11 I would like to ask you about the appropriate steps to make in order
12 to have a stable working WS on my Gentoo box without having
13 to mix things up with overlays (I never used them and unsure
14 about spending the effort for just a workaround).
15
16 Another question would be whether WS will ever go stable in the
17 portage tree (temporary state of the corresponding packages) or
18 this is the intended conduction of developement?
19 You know, a field Gentoo user never knows why is a pkg unstable...
20
21 Thanks for your time,
22 toma