From: Nuitari <nuitari@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] linux32 or chroot
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:50:45
1 > in my 32-bit chroot, I've created symlinks from the main /home/ for all the
2 > users directories to point into the 32-bit chroot, I also bound /tmp (mount
3 > -bind) into the 32-bit chroot, as well as the root home directory /root. This
4 > gives me the advantage of switching in and out of the chroot, while still
5 > giving the illusion that I'm in the same home directory and same /tmp - and X
6 > clients that use unix pipes to communicate to the X server still work as
7 > well.
8
9 I'd much prefer to keep the actual /home data outside of the chroot.
10 You could mount -bind the /home into the chroot like you do with /tmp.
13 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list