From: Clip2@×××.de
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] URGENT: No more fonts after xorg changes
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:12:33
1 Hi,
2
3 I have an urgent problem: I just tried the nvidia beta-drivers and accelerated desktop with Beryl Desktop Manager.
4
5 I realised, that X crashed whenever I tried to open any fullscreen application. So I decided to go back to standard, and i removed the beta drivers, emerged the originals and changed back Xorg.conf, i also deleted the entry in /etc/env.d for kdm to use beryl.
6
7 at first, X didn'T even work and exited with the error message, that the X module and the glx module didnt match. So i installed the nvidia driver by hand, and now X is working, but its behaving very strange: there are no fonts in any application. kdm has no fonts, konsole, kmail, amarok, no menus there. sometimes the fonts flash, so i can see some text for about 1/10 sec.
8
9 i re-emerged xorg and kdebase, but it had no effect.
10
11 any ideas how i can get my text back?
12
13 cu
14 Dieter
15 --
16 Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen!
17 Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer
18 --
19 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list