From: William Tetrault <xcourse97@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Recommended Motherboards?
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 13:17:41
1 On Tuesday 04 July 2006 06:26, Hamish Marson wrote:
2 > Hi all.
3 >
4 > My son's PC died (Bad caps) so he's getting my old one (Asus A8V with
5 > AMD64 3200) and I'm going to buy a new motherboard & a 4200 X2
6 > processor. The question is, what's a good motherboard nowadays for
7 > AMD64 x2 processors?
8
9 I'm using an Asus A8N-SLI Premium with my Opteron 180 and love it. Haven't
10 had any problems with any of the nvidia chipset features, it's stable (30+
11 days uptime running foldingathome 24/7 on both cores), and, if you only run
12 one PCI-E graphics card, you'll have an x8 PCI-E slot for
13 [you-fill-in-the-blank]. Sound is not audiophile-quality but is definitely
14 more than decent. There are two GigE ports [one nvidia and one Marvell (uses
15 the SKGE driver)]. There are only 3 PCI slots, however, but you could easily
16 make up the difference with the extra x8 and x4 PCI-E slots and adaptors.
17
18 Bill
19 --
20 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list