From: Karol Krizka <kkrizka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Ethereal and KDE
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 00:37:04
1 On Thursday 13 October 2005 09:14, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > I'm having a heck of a time getting the Ethereal ebuild to work under
3 > KDE. What USE options do I need enabled to have it work on my system?
4 > It's a Compaq R4000 Athlon64 laptop. So far, everything else works
5 > great. This has been the only real issue I've had. I'm not a linux
6 > newbie, but I am relatively new to gentoo so please be gentle. If
7 > Ethereal doesn't work well in KDE, are there KDE protocol analyzers that
8 > work with Ethereal capture files?
9 >
10 Try ksniffer:
11 http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=26258
12
13 It's kde based but I never got it to detect my wireless card on my laptop. But
14 then I never bothered to solve it. Hope you have more luck than I had on my
15 R3000 laptop.
16
17 > --
18 > Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
19 >
20 > Mark Haney
21 > Systems Administrator
22 > ERC Broadband