From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Systemd migration: opinion and questions
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 11:29:46
1 Am Wed, 20 May 2015 10:44:58 +0000 (UTC)
2 schrieb Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>:
3
4 > Marc Joliet posted on Wed, 20 May 2015 10:01:13 +0200 as excerpted:
5 >
6 > > A few days ago I finally got around to giving systemd-networkd a whirl,
7 > > as I said I would in the sub-thread started by Rich. It turns out that
8 > > it fulfils the needs of my computers just fine, and has (together with
9 > > systemd-resolved) fully replaced netctl. The only thing I'm not sure of
10 > > is how extensive IPv6 support is. The man page suggests that only
11 > > DHCPv6 is supported, but not stateless configuration. Not that my LAN
12 > > has IPv6, but it'd be nice to know how future proof it is.
13 >
14 > I don't recall whether you mentioned whether you're running stable or
15 > ~arch, and I didn't see mention of the version of systemd you're running
16 > now, but FWIW...
17
18 I'm arch, so running systemd-218.
19
20 > I'm ~arch, but am still on systemd-218 (-r3), while 219 is latest ~arch.
21 > This is for two reasons you may find interesting, one of which pertains
22 > to networkd and thus to the quoted bit, above:
23 >
24 [Snip two bug descriptions]
25
26 Damn, that sounds bad. However, I'm running stable, so won't be affected.
27
28 I do agree with both you and Rich, though, that systemd really ought to have a
29 stable branch. Their release workflow appears to me to be much like that of
30 the linux kernel, only without the stable trees. Honestly, I would be
31 surprised if they didn't have the developer resources to provide this.
34 Marc Joliet
35 --
36 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
37 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup