From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: Tassilo Horn <tassilo@××××××××××.org>
Cc: xorg@×××××××××××.org, gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: problems with xorg on gentoo amd64
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:09:51
1 2008/10/29 Tassilo Horn <tassilo@××××××××××.org>:
2 > Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 > Hi!
5 >
6 >> i'm crossposting to both xorg and gentoo amd64 mailing list to have
7 >> more audience since the problem might be related to either gentoo or
8 >> xorg itself.
9 >>
10 >> on sunday i've updated hal on gentoo and after reboot xorg stopped
11 >> starting. the problem was that it cannot open the drm device.
12 >
13 > I had that problem, too. I work around it by loading the driver module
14 > explicitly in /etc/conf.d/modules.
15 >
16 > ,----
17 > | # i915 is my graphics card (intel) driver
18 > | modules="i915"
20 >
21 > Bye,
22 > Tassilo
23 > --
24 > There are no such things as tornados. Chuck Norris just hates trailer parks.
27 > xorg mailing list