From: Joaquim Quinteiro Uchoa <joaquim.uchoa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Printer Setup
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:49:20
1 2006/10/10, sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>:
2 > Why is printing from a Unix type box so painful!?!?!
3
4 I think I'm a very lucky guy, because I have no problems with Linux
5 printing before CUPS. And I had several problems with Windows
6 instalation of printer drivers. I recently installed
7 a Okidata in 2 minutes in Linux and 15 minutes in Windows. And in
8 Windows I need to install a diferent port, with a reboot (of course).
9 It was a painfull process.
10
11 I'm happy you've resolved your problem... by the way: driver
12 instalation isn't a simple process, in any OS. A good approach is look
13 the support of the equipment after buying it. About printers,
14 www.linuxprinting.org is a good place to search for information about
15 printer suport in Linux.
19 []s
20 Joaquim