From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: detached task bar in kde [RESOLVED]
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:03:26
1 On Tuesday 23 Mar 2010 17:31:18 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 03/23/2010 06:06 PM, Paul Stear wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > > I don't know how I have done this but I have managed to detach the task
5 > > bar from the part of the panel that pops up when you put the mouse
6 > > towards the bottom of the screen.
7 > > I have tried everything I can think of to get it attached to the panel so
8 > > it pops up as well.
9 > > It maybe that I need to activate the default settings but I can't find
10 > > where to do this.
11 > > Has anybody got any ideas as to what I could do to resolve this?
12 > > At the moment I have it just floating on screen.
13 > > Thanks
14 > > Paul
15 >
16 > The task bar is nothing special. It's just a plasmoid/widget. Simply
17 > delete the floating one and insert a new one in the panel.
18 >
19 > To do this, first make sure you have selected "Unlock Widgets" in Plasma
20 > (simply right click on the Plasma desktop for this, or click the icon on
21 > the top-right corner of the desktop), then you can delete the task
22 > manager widget.
23 >
24 > Then, click the icon to the far right of the panel and select "Add
25 > Widgets". Then in the search bar, type "task manager" or scroll and
26 > find the "Task Manager" widget manually, and drag&drop it to wherever
27 > you want it in the panel.
28 >
29 > You can also create more than one panels and put different widgets in
30 > them (for example top and bottom panels like in Gnome.)
31
32 Thanks Nikos,
33 That was easy.
34 Paul
35 --
36 This message has been sent using kmail on gentoo.