From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Printer Setup
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:15:36
1 "Joaquim Quinteiro Uchoa" <joaquim.uchoa@×××××.com> posted
2 59541ff30610111011m44a61157xfce8a858c01aa888@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:11:40 -0300:
4
5 > 2006/10/11, sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>:
6 >
7 >> It would seem I spoke to soon, printer and Gimp once again not working
8 >> together.
9 >
10 > What are your printer, what configuration are you using (which filter, etc.)??
11
12 I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Gentoo Printing Guide yet. It
13 worked perfectly last time I used it, tho I don't have a printer ATM so
14 will eventually have another chance to test it. =8^)
15
16 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/printing-howto.xml
17
18 As far as further configuration, I use KDE, and once I told it I was using
19 cups and made sure cups was running, it was actually quite easy to let
20 the KDE printing config stuff do the rest. All told, it was /much/ easier
21 than I had expected, particularly given the horror stories I've read over
22 the years.
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
30 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list