From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] eth3 - how to set up?
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 14:05:03
On Monday 07 February 2011 12:00:59 Paul Stear wrote:
> Hi, > I have just changed my motherboard and processor and am having trouble with > my network connection. > I am having to enter in a root terminal the following each time I boot the > system:- > > ifconfig eth3 broadcast netmask up > After this everything works as it should. > Where is this setting help? > I have read the guide but nothing seems to make a difference. > I'm sure this is a lack of understanding on my part so please help. > Paul
Hi Paul, Do you have the following file on your system: /etc/init.d/net.eth3 ? If not, do the following: # cd /etc/init.d # ln -s net.lo net.eth3 That should create the "net.eth3" script for you. Alternatively, edit the following file: /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules This file contains the udev-rules to have each net-device use the same ethX every time. -- Joost