From: "Wagoner
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-amd64] NFS speed
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:38:59
1 P.V.Anthony,
2
3 What is your rsize and wsize in the fstab mount for the NFS file systems.
4 They should be 8192, but will default to 1024. Makes a world of difference
5 on 10/100 Mbit networks.
6
7 Hope this helps!
10 Darryl Wagoner
11 Office: 603-891-3068
14 -----Original Message-----
15 From: P.V.Anthony [mailto:pvantony@×××××××××××.sg]
16 Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 11:07 AM
17 To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
18 Subject: [gentoo-amd64] NFS speed
21 Hi,
22
23 What is the best transfer speed anyone got for nfs mount using gigabit?
24
25 I am only getting 40MB per second.
26
27 I have used nttcp to test the tcp speed and I am getting a
28 speed of 700 mega bit
29 to 800 mega bit per second. It looks correct once you take away
30 the headroom for
31 tcp. So the tcp is good.
32
33 I did a speed check on writing speed on the hard disk and it
34 gave me 100MB per
35 second. So the hard disk is ok.
36
37 My only guess in the nfs software is not working fast. Or could
38 be something else.
39
40 If anyone has got a good speed with nfs and gigabit, please do share.
41
42 P.V.Anthony
43 --
44 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list