From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] TLB Size
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 19:47:38
1 On Monday 15 May 2006 21:28, Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org wrote:
2 > Ramin Torabi <ramin.t@×××.de> skribis:
3 > > Has anybody experiance with soldering additional TLB on the CPU? ;)
4 >
5 > Is this for the AMD64-ECL (the emitter-coupled logic version)? The
6 > hard part is crawling through the CPU, without damaging anything, to
7 > get to the places where you need to solder.
10 woah.. talking about that... last time when I did that, I banged my head so
11 hard against one of the pipelines, I had to replace the contorted part. Try
12 to get a pipeline at night! It starts with 'were do I get a pipeline'?
13 Luckily I was able to salvage it from another CPU.
14
15 Btw, don't use a blowtorch, the copper interconnects get too warm and
16 sometimes you have a loose connection after that - and then you have to crawl
17 in AGAIN. This can totally ruin your evening. Don't forget the dust
18 everywhere, and the paste hat drops from above. Arctic Silver is not nice, if
19 you get it in your hair.
20 --
21 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list