From: "Canek Peláez" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Anyone using i965 3D?
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 23:49:36
1 On 4/5/07, Jack Lloyd <lloyd@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Just wanted to ping the list to see if anyone using i965 embedded
4 > graphics was having any luck with 3d/DRI? Regardless of the driver, it
5 > seems that hardware 3d is completely non-functional on this chip under
6 > Linux. I've seen other people complain about the same problems I see
7 > in various forums, but (apparently) everything works fine for the
8 > driver developers, since I just get blank looks when I file bugs. Any
9 > input from Gentoo users?
10
11 It works like a charm for me. I'm using Beryl/Emerald and all the
12 plugins (except water and blur, the most demanding ones AFAIK) work
13 without any problem.
14
15 > -Jack
16 > --