From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Systemd timers screwed up by DST change?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 22:32:41
1 Am Sun, 29 Mar 2015 12:48:18 -0600
2 schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>:
3
4 [...]
5 > Are you really sure "0/2:00" means "every 2 hours"? I don't see an explicit
6 > mention in man 7 systemd.time that 0 means "*-*-* 00:00:00". It really
7 > worked bi-hourly before?
8
9 Yes, it definitely worked before (I've been running this and other timers for
10 about a month). I don't remember how I inferred that rule, but I think it was
11 this bit from systemd.time(7):
12
13 "Either time or date specification may be omitted, in which case the
14 current day and 00:00:00 is implied, respectively. If the second component
15 is not specified, ":00" is assumed."
16
17 But I don't see any definition for these components, so maybe I'm wrong and my
18 timer only works by accident.
19
20 > Either way, it cretainly could be a bug.
21
22 Perhaps, since it's back to the way it was before:
23
24 # systemctl list-timers
25 NEXT LEFT LAST PASSED UNIT ACTIVATES
26 Mo 2015-03-30 02:00:00 CEST 1h 44min left Mo 2015-03-30 00:00:00 CEST 15min ago backup-hourly.timer backup@××××××.service
27 [...]
28
29 Greetings
30 --
31 Marc Joliet
32 --
33 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
34 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup