From: "est_seg@××.pl" <est_seg@××.pl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problems with Serial ATA disc
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 07:54:32
1 Mario A Wojcik wrote:
2 > Hello.
3 > Sorry by my english!
4 > I am trying to install gentoo from stage1, and when initiating my
5 > equipment, amd64 with mother asus, chipset via and serial ATA disc
6 > western digital of 80gb, profit not to do fdisk because I do not have
7 > /dev/xxx aiming a this.
8 > It already reviews everything and profit not to cause that it works.
9 > 1. - The serial ATA disc Places as in the bios (nonraid)
10 > 2. - Treatment to use it like scsi, but does not appear to me
11 > /dev/sdxx (single /dev/hdd that is the reader)
12 > 3. - It does not appear /dev/hdx either, because law that podria to
13 > take /dev/hde
14 > 4. - It tries to load by hand module sata_via, but it does not do
15 > anything (it must be because already this loaded according to dmesg)
16 > 5. - it deals with acpi=off with equal result.
17 > Chipset is a route vt8251 Some of You podria to help me, really
18 > not that but to prove (already the books were burned to me)
19 >
20 Try knoppix and check what drivers are loaded
21 # lsmod
22
23 or simply do:
24
25 zcat /proc/config.gz > /your_config.cfg
26
27 than you can build custom kernel with working drivers.
30 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list