From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] OT: Finding programmers?
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:35:20
1 Hi,
2 Our list here is very quiet since Frank's thread (which I bit my
3 tongue I never answered) ;-) so I hope it's OK to ask something
4 slightly off topic.
5
6 Can anyone recommend a good way (or place) for a non-programmer, at
7 least in C/C++/etc., to find a very small group of application type
8 programmers who might want to put together an Open Source application
9 of some software that exists in the Windows world but there isn't
10 TTBOMK any real equivalent in the Linux world?
11
12 The overall area if it matters is financial, trading systems with a
13 genetic orientation, but not neural networks. I use a number of
14 programs in these areas, most being in Windows, but also R in Linux,
15 and have some ideas about combining features from a bunch of them into
16 a single application in Linux.
17
18 Thanks in advance,
19 Mark