From: Richard Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problem when mounting usb-drive
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 03:00:25
1 On Mon, October 17, 2005 11:24 am, Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 03:59 +0000, faatihah@×××××.com wrote:
3 >> I got a problem with my thumb-drive. Most thumbdrive do not work with my
4 >> PC.
5 >> The error from dmesg is as below. I am suspecting some driver error.
6 >> Does
7 >> 64-bit driver won't compiled smoothly for the device? Currently, i am
8 >> using
9 >> 2.6.9 kernel. Also no luck when upgrading the kernel to 2.6.12 and
10 >> 2.6.13.
11 >>
12 >> Error from dmesg:-
13 >> > $ dmesg
14 >> > .......
15 >> > usb 1-6: new high speed USB device using address 16
16 >> > usb 1-6: control timeout on ep0out
17 >> > usb 1-6: control timeout on ep0out
18 >> > usb 1-6: device not accepting address 16, error -110
19 >> > usb 1-6: new high speed USB device using address 17
20 >> > .......
21 >
22 > Do you have scsi and usb-mass-storage in your kernel? If they're
23 > modules, do you have hotplug and module auto-loading enabled?
26 FYI - I've had a bazillion issues with code pages and such as well -
27 they're associated with the vfat filesystem which is likely to be on your
28 drive if you share it with windows. Check dmesg for errors and add the
29 necessary codepages to your kernel.
30
31 However, these errors do not seem related to any of the issues I had
32 (which originally included both the codepage issues and the lack of
33 usb-mass-storage and scsi).
36 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list