From: Tim Ames <lls@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Is 2005 broken?
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 06:55:47
At 11:44 PM 7/8/2005, you wrote:
>Errors with both md5 and gzip? Can you use a separate computer to >determine if the problem is with md5/gzip programs or corruption of the >distfiles themselves? > >Zac
I was able to download the gzip from the mirror and put them in my /distfiles dir and for example I was able to do that to wvdial and emerge it on the system and get it working. But I couldn't download anything from a mirror on the sk8v machine and emerge it on that machine. I was able to start all over again move a stage 3 tarball over and run it, compile the kernel, but then the same problem started all over again after the first emerge sync. still scratching my head thanks Tim -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Is 2005 broken? Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Is 2005 broken? Joerg Gollnick <gentoo102004@×××××××××××××××.de>