From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: gcc compile failed after 2005.1-r1 instalation
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:02:25
Sebastian Redl posted <439822BC.6080409@×××××××××××.at>, excerpted below,
on Thu, 08 Dec 2005 13:10:36 +0100:

> Clemente Aguiar wrote: > >> I did a new instalattion of Gentoo 2005.r1 (AMD64). >> >> After the basic stage3 instalation, kernel compilation and reboot, >> everything was fine. >> I then decided to recompile all: > > It appears as if the necessary 32-bit libraries for something are missing. > Emerging the emulation glibc might solve the problem.
Emulation glibc? Isn't glibc compiled in dual bitness, now? I know it has been for ~amd64 for some time, and would have imagined it would have worked its way into amd64, certainly for newer profiles, by now. BTW, 2005.r1??? That's supposed to be 2005.1-r1, right? -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list