From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: gcc compile failed after 2005.1-r1 instalation
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:02:25
1 Sebastian Redl posted <439822BC.6080409@×××××××××××.at>, excerpted below,
2 on Thu, 08 Dec 2005 13:10:36 +0100:
3
4 > Clemente Aguiar wrote:
5 >
6 >> I did a new instalattion of Gentoo 2005.r1 (AMD64).
7 >>
8 >> After the basic stage3 instalation, kernel compilation and reboot,
9 >> everything was fine.
10 >> I then decided to recompile all:
11 >
12 > It appears as if the necessary 32-bit libraries for something are missing.
13 > Emerging the emulation glibc might solve the problem.
14
15 Emulation glibc? Isn't glibc compiled in dual bitness, now? I know it
16 has been for ~amd64 for some time, and would have imagined it would have
17 worked its way into amd64, certainly for newer profiles, by now.
18
19 BTW, 2005.r1??? That's supposed to be 2005.1-r1, right?
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
25 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
29 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list