From: Paul Colquhoun <paulcol@×××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Replacement for Thunderbird.
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 23:03:40
1 On Sun, 18 Nov 2007, Florian D. wrote:
2 > Paul Colquhoun wrote:
5 > > I've been using kmail for years, and it's always been happy to keep
6 > > my email under ~/Mail and I have no trouble using mutt to access the
7 > > kmail directory when I an logged in via ssh.
8 >
9 > is this a mbox or maildir mailbox?
12 All in maildir format.
16 > > As for scaling, I have some folders with over 3000 messages in them,
17 > > and can't recall any problems accessing them. What size mailbox do
18 > > you consider to be "large" and what scaling problems does it
19 > > trigger?
22 > I subscribed to LKML and wanted to keep the newest mails for one
23 > month: ~10000 mails. filtering by age needed a lot more time as with
24 > thunderbird, for example.
27 OK, that's a lot more than I have in any one folder, and I don't use
28 aging to remove old messages (I just do it by hand occasionally).
32 Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC. http://andor.dropbear.id.au/~paulcol
33 Asking for technical help in newsgroups? Read this first:
34 http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro
35 --
36 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list