From: "Conway S. Smith" <beolach@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Planning a new box - AMD Opteron or Intel Xeon?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 15:35:46
1 I'm in the planning stages of assembling a new box for myself @ home,
2 and I'm debating if I want to go with AMD Opteron or Intel Xeon. I've
3 been focusing on Tyan motherboards, as I've heard here on the list that
4 they've got really excellent Linux (and general) support. In the past
5 I've mostly gone w/ AMD CPUs, as they had a significantly better
6 price:performance ratio, but it's been a few years since I last did a
7 lot of shopping around, and I'm starting to think things may have
8 changed. I'm still leaning towards AMD Opterons (Barcelona), but I'm
9 interested in hearing everyone else's opinions.
12 TIA,
13 Conway S. Smith