From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] 2.6.22 kernel and WiFi
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:33:32
1 Okay, here's just a general question I'd like to get some info (or at
2 least opinions) on. I've been reading up on the changes to the latest
3 stable kernel (2.6.22) and the rewrite of the WiFi driver architecture.
4 One of the things I noticed was that my chipset (Broadcom) has drivers
5 in the upstream kernel, but wasn't included in the rewrite and that only
6 a handful of drivers we stable enough for the .22 kernel. My question
7 is this, how does the new kernel affect the existing drivers? Ie, will
8 I stil be able to use the .22 kernel with my broadcom/ndiswrapper
9 combination until a new driver from upstream is stable?
10
11 Does anyone know?
14 Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
17 Mark Haney
18 Sr. Systems Administrator
19 ERC Broadband
20 (828) 350-2415
21
22 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
23 --
24 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list