From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge system set list
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 15:04:17
Daiajo Tibdixious writes:

> I know when I do an emerge world it looks at /var/lib/portage/world > for the list of packages. > I went looking for a 'system' list for the emerge system command & did > not find it. > I also looked in make.profile and didn't find anything likely. > I also googled my query but got too many spurious matches. > I'm sure there is a simple answer.
No, I don't think so. There's the /usr/portage/profiles/base/packages file, which is somewhat similar to /var/lib/portage/world, but the exact list depends on your profile.
> I want to write a script that reads the system list, finds the > binpkg's, and copies the latest to backup. > I can do this easy for the world list.
Then this should do it: emerge -ep system | awk '{print $4}' Wonko

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge system set list Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>