From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] new graphical installer
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:11:24
1 On Friday 11 August 2006 13:15, Gavin Seddon wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I found the x86 installer at bit torrent. For quickly installing on
4 > many pc's. The extensions are torrent not iso. How do I use these and
5 > are all ok?
6 > Thanks.
7
8 Hi,
9
10 The torrent file is only a textfile to use with bit torrent to download the
11 actual iso you're looking for by using pear-to-pear.
12
13 You nees to have bittorrent installed, I'd recommend Bittornado but there are
14 many other gui and non-gui ways to use bittorrent.
15
16 The advantage of bittorrent is that you don't stress servers so much
17 As far as I am concerned, I've mostly found ftp or http download faster.
18
19 Anyway, you have to download the iso file to be able tu burn it to CD. I'm not
20 aware of any way of installing Gentoo on many pc's without either compiling
21 it pc after pc, or possibly creating an image of the first install and
22 copying it (provided all pcs are the same, of course).
23
24 Thierry de Coulon
27 Le monde est fait d'imbéciles
28 Qui se battent contre des demeurés