From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Seamonkey vs Mozilla: pointless cage match
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:00:00
1 "Richard Fish" <bigfish@××××××××××.org> posted
2 7573e9640611150936n64f82ea5ie07248a244544a2c@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:36:18 -0700:
4
5 > On 11/15/06, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
6 >> Something I picked up from I believe the dev list, that Richard didn't
7 >> mention. Mozilla will eventually be removed, replaced by seamonkey.
8 >
9 > I think we will still have a choice to depend on firefox (or thunderbird)
10 > instead of mozilla/seamonkey. At least, that seems to be the point of the
11 > firefox USE flag.
12 >
13 > I suppose there could be something in the tree that requires mozilla and
14 > only mozilla, and that would become a dependancy on seamonkey if it hasn't
15 > already, but certainly none of the packages on my system have this
16 > dependancy.
17
18 Yes. I was simply answering the question of why the difference
19 between mozilla and seamonkey, explaining that seamonkey is replacing
20 mozilla, both the use flag and the app. For apps that can use firefox as
21 well, unless the Gentoo dev maintaining a specific app decided to change
22 the default for some reason, the new rules for choosing between firefox
23 and seamonkey should be directly parallel to the old ones for choosing
24 between firefox and mozilla.
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
32 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list