From: Zhu Sha Zang <zhushazang@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Alsa Problem With Kernel 2.6.37[Solved]
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 12:02:55
Em 08-01-2011 23:08, Frank Peters escreveu:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 11:28:17 -0500 > Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote: > >> The problem, as far as I can determine, is that the usual sound devices >> are not being detected. >> > The problem has been solved. When I compiled the new 2.6.27 kernel, the > CONFIG_SND_DYNAMIC_MINORS option was set [=yes]. Unless one is using > udev, which I am not, this option should be unset [=no], otherwise alsa will > try to dynamically create the device. > > Somehow, I must have overlooked the setting of this option and it caused > the problem. > > Anyway, thanks again to all those who responded. > > Frank Peters >
Ok, i'm using udev, CONFIG_SND_DYNAMIC_MINORS is set to y, my sound are working because i've used alsaconf inside the last kernel but if i try to use alsaconf inside 2.6.37 my 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio (rev 06) Subsystem: Lenovo Device 38af Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel aren't detected. AAAAAAAAND, if i try deactivate CONFIG_SND_DYNAMIC_MINORS the only way to do it is deactivate intel-hda support too. What can i do?

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Alsa Problem With Kernel 2.6.37[Solved] Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>