From: Jim Seymour <jim@××××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo-amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Playing DVD problems
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:29:07
1 Is it possible to play DVD's under Gentoo AMD64? I can mount and read
2 the discs fine. I have been trying to use Totem to play DVDs and all I
3 get is "Totem cannot play this type of media (DVD) because you do not
4 have the appropriate plugins to handle it"
5
6 I found a suggestion in a Gentoo Forum to run this command to find out
7 what is missing:
8 emerge -sv gst-plugins | grep -B 2 "Not Installed"
9 This produced a long list of mostly masked packages. Totem is built with
10 dvd support and I have the amd64codecs installed. I also have libdvdcss
11 installed. Is there a good howto on DVD under Gentoo?
12
13 Thanks,
16 Jim Seymour <jim@××××××××××××.com>
19 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list