From: Martin Bergstrand <martin@××××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] ATi driver
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:52:07
1 I had the same problem after _finally_ getting the drivers to work on
2 the same XPress chipset.
3 Though I was using my old kde settings, once I renamed the .kde
4 directory for my user and
5 logged in again it worked perfectly.
6 Also, make sure you're not trying to load the composite extension.
7
8 Also I just noticed that I have Option "omit xfree86-dga"
9 set in my config, you may want to try that.
10
11 Mark Haney wrote:
12 > Okay, I FINALLY got the ATI driver to work for my Radeon XPress 200M. It took
13 > some doing, but it's there now. But, and this is the strange one, the
14 > graphics are all wrong. The windows are all transparent and they are
15 > impossible to read, even on a solid background. Not all of the window is
16 > transparent,however, only very large parts of it. Any idea what could be
17 > causing that? It's essentially the same problem as before, except now the
18 > windows do clear themselves when closed instead of 'ghosting' in the
19 > background.
20 >
21 > Any clues why this is happening? This is the standard KDE theme without any
22 > changes. It shows up fine with the mesa3d display, so I'm at a loss to
23 > what's causing the problem. I'm so close to getting this working, I don't
24 > really want to give up now.
29 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list