From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: mythtv 0.19 start/stop audio & video
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:36:10
1 Hamish posted <200604062234.11991.hamish@××××××××××××××.com>, excerpted
2 below, on Thu, 06 Apr 2006 22:34:11 +0100:
3
4 > Anyone out there understand why this happens? I think it started
5 > immediately after I upgraded X last friday from 6.8.2 to 7.0. However
6 > mplayer, xine etc all still work fine. Including on myth recordings so it
7 > looks like some sort of interraction between myth & X, except that the
8 > logs would tend to indicate it's audio based... Ho hum...
9
10 I know little about MythTV, but how long ago was your last revdep-rebuild?
11
12 If you've not run it in awhile, chances are you upgraded something, maybe
13 X, maybe something else, to a binary incompatible version, without
14 rebuilding everything that depended on it. Normally, that means something
15 breaks, but in this case, it may simply mean MythTV is falling back to a
16 very slow unaccelerated compatibility mode.
17
18 Note that if you've not run revdep-rebuild in some time, it's likely
19 you'll have a whole list of stuff that needs rebuilt, and doing so will
20 take awhile. It uses the same -p for pretend that emerge does, so use -p
21 the first time. It'll do its thing scanning all your binaries and
22 libraries to figure out what needs rebuilt, which takes awhile, then spit
23 out a list. If you like the list, run it again without the -p and let it
24 get to work (it won't have to recalculate everything, as it will still
25 have the work files around from the first run). Or, you can emerge
26 --oneshot each package on the list, manually. That's what I usually do.
27
28 If you don't have the revdep-rebuild command, it's part of gentoolkit,
29 which also contains a bunch of other very useful tools.
34 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
35 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
39 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list