From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Where has package.keywords gone?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:03:34
1 On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:32:01 +0100
2 Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > I used to have a package.keywords file in /etc/portage/, but since
5 > installing crossdev that is now a directory, thus:
6 >
7 > # ls -l /etc/portage/package.keywords
8 > total 4
9 > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 202 2007-02-11 10:52 cross-i686-pc-linux-gnu
10
11 Hmm; crossdev shouldn't have deleted the file - if you're confident
12 that's what did it, file a bug on bugzilla.gentoo.org against
13 crossdev. Include the exact version of crossdev that you have.
14
15 Normally crossdev would append its data to the file, if it was
16 previously a file, and if it was a directory (or didn't exist, I guess)
17 crossdev would put its data in a file in the directory (as you see
18 above).
19
20 > Now where has the old file gone, and where do I put things that I
21 > would have put in it? The portage Web page offers no hints.
22
23 I would imagine that the old file has been deleted. You can put the
24 data in any filename inside (what is now the
25 directory) /etc/portage/package.keywords/ You can call the file
26 whatever you want - indeed you can have as many files as you want, so
27 you can group the keyworded packages in a way that's suitable for you.
30 Kevin F. Quinn