From: Tony Sperling <tony.sperling@××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] gdb returns aborted
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 08:54:12
1 I'm sorry, this is not my 'Home Ground' - but if you do it like this you are
2 trying to debug the Blender file itself? To do that you must be certain that
3 the file has debugging symbols compiled with it. If you are trying to debug
4 the process that executed Blender, you must use a different set of tactics,
5 I believe. Probably something of the order of: "gbd 'memorylocation' "?
6
7 It looks to me as though the debugger exits, not because of an actual error
8 during debugging, but because there is nothing for it to do.
9
10 Tony. . .
13 ----- Original Message -----
14 From: "Mike Bonar" <mike.bonar@××××.ca>
15 To: <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
16 Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2006 5:51 AM
17 Subject: [gentoo-amd64] gdb returns aborted
20 > Here's a puzzler. My system is working fine, for the most part, but the
21 > other day I tried to get a backtrace from Blender. I ran 'gdb blender'
22 > and it returned 'aborted'. Then I ran 'gdb --help' and it returned
23 > 'aborted' as well. I re-emerged gdb, but no change. I ran
24 > revdep-rebuild, but didn't find anything related to gdb. I did not find
25 > any similar bugs on bugs.g.o or bugzilla on the gdb site. I'm running
26 > gcc 4.1.1, modular X, and nptl. Any ideas?
29 > glide
30 > --
31 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
36 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list