From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] New ATI drivers and DRM support
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:44:29
1 by the new ones, do you intend the 8.41.7?! they're a great challenge to
2 install and make work, for what i know. if it's them wait till next month
3 for the 8.42 with aiglx support included.
4 if you're speaking of the new xf-radeon-hd drivers they're still new and
5 need a lot of test, even if they're opensource.
6 as a matter of fact with official ati-drivers you wont use radeon drm
7 support, so you'll have to disable in the the kernel and then recompile,
8 recompile ati-drivers and reboot. it should work.
9 remember to add atieventsd to boot service if you want acpi features from
10 your monitor and board.
11