From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] New CUPS version problems
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:29:24
1 Today must be my day for problems. I upgraded (yesterday actually) to
2 the latest cups version and now my networked printer won't print. I've
3 had to add the printer back in (since now it seems cups has a HP Color
4 LJ 4550 driver and it autodetected it), but it still won't print.
5
6 I've noticed that the new printer config doesn't have the same URI as
7 the old one, the old printer config I had said '192.168.10.15:9100' and
8 on the new one, the ':9100' isn't listed. I can't find a way to fix
9 that unless I manually install the printer, right?
12 Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
15 Mark Haney
16 Sr. Systems Administrator
17 ERC Broadband
18 (828) 350-2415
19
20 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
21 --
22 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list