From: Tamas Karpati <tkarpati@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] experiences with Tyan S4881?
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:48:10
1 Dear all,
2
3 After no success at the gentoo-server list I hope to get some opinions here
4 on Tyan's S4881 mob with 4 or 8 professors and memory usage.
5
6 Please execuse me if you see this message for the second time.
7
8 Do you have any experience with an S4881 with 4 single or dual core Opterons?
9 The goal is to have a system flexible enough to run
10 - a single thread job using all the available memory and
11 - one or more multithreaded jobs sharing the physical RAM.
12
13 Have you observed any problems? About dual core processors?
14
15 I have good experiences with Gentoo on dual AMD (both Athlon and
16 Opteron) systems,
17 as well as with dual core Intel so I just want to be sure before
18 recommending the
19 S4881+Gentoo combination for scientific computations...
20
21 Any hints are welcome,
22 Tamas
23 --