From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How do I switch to a window manager?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:51:44
1 On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Steve Herber<herber@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Can somebody answer a question, related to the favorite WM question, how
3 > do I change to an alternative window manager?
4 >
5 > I normally run xdm and update my .xinitrc or .xsession file to do this
6 > but I feel that there should be a better way.  How do you do it?
7 >
8 > Thanks,
9 >
10 > --
11 > Steve Herber    herber@×××××.com                work: 206-221-7262
12 > Software Engineer, UW Medicine, IT Services     home: 425-454-2399
17 I use gdm as a log in manager. On the bottom of the login screen there
18 is a pull down that allows me to choose which one I want to run and
19 whether to make it default or to only use it for this session.
20
21 Hope this helps,
22 Mark