From: Wil Reichert <wil.reichert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] genkernel changes
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:50:37
1 I build my own kernels but since my / partition is lvm I use genkernel
2 to create an initrd. Previously 'genkernel --lvm initrd' did what I
3 wanted but it seems that the since genkernel-3.4.10.902 thats no
4 longer the case. Reading the man page it seems that the initrd
5 parameter has been replaced by initramfs. However, when I attempt to
6 run it with that I get
7
8 matter boot # genkernel --lvm initramfs
9 Error: Unknown option 'initramfs'!
10
11 I can easily roll back to a previous version of genkernel, I'm just
12 wondering if genkernel is broken or I'm just doing something wrong?
13
14 Wil