From: Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alakeel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] keymap broken
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 02:22:33
I got a newer laptop, and rather than installing gentoo, I just
swapped the hard disks. Now when I boot into the new one,
it works up to the level I am expecting (still need some drivers), but
the keyboard act wierd. When I press "m" it types "0",
and some other keys don't send anything at all.
This issue starts when I start my xdm (configured to start slim). With
the text run level (console), there's no issues until I start and stop

I am not sure if I modified something long time ago in the config, to
use different keymaps, but this issue didn't exist on the older
What files could have such a configuration, that I need to look into ?

Thank you.