From: Tom <uebershark@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] OSS-modules not loading
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:11:33
1 Hi List,
2
3 I recently recompiled my kernel 2.6.28-rc1, I did not change anything
4 config-wise(except addibng sysreq-keys under kernel-hacking), however
5 somehow I am now getting module-loading errors during bootup.
6
7 The messages complain about not being able to load something like
8 'kernelsoundseqoss' or something, which makes perfect sense, as such a
9 module does not exist.(I can't remember the exact name, but I could
10 note it down during next reboot if required)
11
12 The OSS-modules (the alsa-compatibles, not the real oss) do however
13 exist, and I can load them manually with insmod, and they then work
14 flawlessly, /dev/dsp gets created, playback via 'OSS' is possible
15 etc.
16
17 How can this happen, why is it looking for wrong module-names??
18
19 I compiled with 'make all modules_install'.
20 I then moved the kernel/system.map/config to /boot manually, because
21 I'm paranoid and don't trust symlinks ;)
22
23 Tom