From: gigli <gigli@×××××××.se>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] mythtv
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 01:35:33
1 Hi
2
3 I just want to throw out a question. I have used Gentoo about a year and
4 half, for about 6 months i used it as fileserver and mythbackend and
5 frondendsystem (frontend only for editing the recordings) and it worked
6 perfectly. I had a few problems with the installation sometimes,
7 hardfreezes and such, i believe this was a misconfiguration of the
8 kernel or that just some kernels didn't work as they should. But at the
9 end the real problem was that every time that i shut down the
10 mythfrontend my screen just get black, i couldn't switch to another
11 shell or something, just reboot the computer or maybe start the xserver
12 again through ssh. Logs didn't reveal anything. I thought it was in the
13 qt3 library, but i don't know.
14
15 I used an ~amd64 profile 2006.1, xfce4, nvidia-drivers, Asus A8V deluxe,
16 so the hardware is not exotic (and it works perfect in Xubuntu). Since i
17 never did solve this issue i now use Xubuntu which works perfectly, but
18 i do miss Gentoo. So my question is if anyone have had a similair error
19 and solved it, and if the 2007.0 profile is working as expected? As it
20 takes a couple of hours to install Gentoo i really don't want to do it
21 in vain.
22
23 Cheers
24 Martin