From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Heads-up: KDEers: Particularly kde3-ers,
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 20:30:17
1 On Freitag 28 August 2009, Frank Peters wrote:
2 > On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 02:42:00 +0200
3 >
4 > Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj@×××××.es> wrote:
5 > > In kde, when you enter a cdaudio in your drive and open it, this
6 > > kio-slave presents you the cdaudio disk in an fs-like fashion, with
7 > > a number of folders. One folder containing ogg files, other mp3 files,
8 > > other wav files, and so on, depending on your USE flags and such things
9 > >
10 > > This allows you to rip the thing by just dragging files into another
11 > > folder, though to tell the truth, it never worked reliably for me in
12 > > kde3, I have no idea if it has improved.
13 >
14 > That's nice. But with a bash script using less that a dozen lines
15 > of code one could accomplish the same thing and much, much more.
16 > The ripped wav files could easily be normalized, equalized, dithered,
17 > low-pass or high-pass or band-pass filtered, mixed, companded, etc., etc.,
18 > before being finally compressed into flac, mac, ape, shorten, ogg, mp3,
19 > etc., etc., etc., and then even burned onto another CD/DVD or medium
20 > of choice.
21 >
22 > Let's see KDE with its 10,000 (I jest) support libraries top that.
23
24 it already does.