From: Henrik Ala-Uotila <henrik@××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] hibernate-ram not working
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 09:03:01
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 18:21 +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:
4 > Any idea why hibernate-ram is not working? It looks good at first, but
5 > when I resume, the display stays black. The numlock key ativates the LED,
6 > but I could not switch to a text console.
7 > After Alt-SysRq-R, caps and scroll lock flash, I guess that means kernel
8 > panic. Happened for the two times I tried. I see nothing in syslog.
9
10 Perhaps kernel messages would help you diagnose the problem. By
11 supplying the "console=" kernel parameter you can get kernel messages
12 over (say) a serial port or USB.
13
14 - Henrik