From: "Anders Thøgersen" <anderslt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Segfault in emerge
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 21:48:40
1 Hi!
2
3 On 02:06 Fri 12 May 2006, Robert Walter wrote:
4 > On Friday 12 May 2006 01:04, Anders Thøgersen wrote:
5 > > I am unsure of how to tackle this. Could it be a hardware problem?
6 > i guess so :-( maybe ram or net-hardware?
7 > is it just emerge sync having that problem?
8
9 Sorry for the late reply..
10
11 Yes only emerge sync, and emerge --metadata display this problem. I am
12 able to compile firefox and other packages with no problem.
13
14 > do other applications accessing the net behave strange?
15
16 Interesting question. Last week firefox unexpectedly segfaulted, but
17 otherwise I have only seen problems with rox and amarok but that was due
18 to a problem of binary incompatibility between an older gcc and gcc 3.4.
19
20 I have decided not to consider this problem as a hardware issue, until I
21 am out of ideas and suggestions about how to fix my problem.
22
23 Thanks,
24 /Anders
25 > regards. robert