From: Brett Johnson <brett@××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Bootproblem (monolithic kernel)
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 23:04:25
1 Petric Frank wrote:
2
3 >Hello,
4 >
5 >given a mainboard having 2 SATA controllers. One VIA (from the chipset) and
6 >one additional Promise SATA. CPU is a AMD64.
7 >
8 >Up to now i had 2 SATA disks attached to the VIA controller.
9 >
10 >The kernel (2.6.14-r2) is built monolithic in regards of the SATA chips.
11 >
12 >Now i added a third harddisk and i recogized that the new disk was inserted
13 >before the other two. It seems that the promise kernel part is loaded before
14 >the VIA driver.
15 >
16 >So my question - is there a kernel parameter (to be given to grub.conf) which
17 >instructs the kernel to process the VIA kernel part first ?
18 >
19 >regards
20 > Petric
23 My Asus MB lets me pick which chipset to load first in the BIOS. You can
24 look there.
25
26 Another option would be to build the Promise driver is a module, and
27 load it during
28 the boot process.
29 --
30 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list