From: Drew Kirkpatrick <drew.kirkpatrick@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] replacing manually installed subversion with portage version?
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:58:46
1 Running tapes now, and will be making a second copy onto the raid just
2 to be sure :)
3 Thanks for the tips folks.
4
5 On 1/16/07, Thomas Rösner <Thomas.Roesner@××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
6 > Drew Kirkpatrick wrote:
7 > > The data is actually stored on our raid, I would assume that simply
8 > > removing the version he installed and emerging subversion would dot it
9 > > since I believe the actual data is stored in the directory structure
10 > > itself. But I wanted to get a sanity check before I blow away our
11 > > subversion database in an uncaffeinated state :)
12 > >
13 > > Any thoughts, tips, or gotchas?
14 >
15 > Be sure to compile in berkley db support if your repo is old enough to
16 > use it. Apart from that, SVN is one of the less brittle packages to
17 > update. But yes, make backups :-).
18 >
19 > Regards,
20 > T.