From: Andreas Vinsander <andreas@×××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] openoffice-bin-2.0.2 hang for regular users
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:40:13
1 Brett Johnson wrote:
2 > On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 08:07:06AM -0500, Scott Stoddard wrote:
3 >
4 >>In my case we're using a diskless gentoo system where the home
5 >>directories are all nfs mounts to the server. The problem had to do
6 >>with nfs file locking. It can be solved by editing
7 >>/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice and commenting out these two lines:
8 >>
9 >>SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
10 >>export SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING
13 > If I recall, another possible fix for this is to make sure statd is
14 > running on the clients. On gentoo clients, statd is not started with
15 > /etc/init.d/netmount, but is with /etc/init.d/nfsmount.
16
17 Ah... didn't notice that... I used /etc/init.d/netmount but I have only
18 nfs mounts so now I have switched over to the other script. Will see
19 what happens when I reboot the machine this evening.
20 Thanks everybody for your comments!
21
22 /Andreas
23 --