From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] /srv support in Gentoo
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 07:51:56
1 On Tuesday 05 August 2008 17:12:53 Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:32:01 +0100
3 >
4 > Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > > I'm confused about what use Gentoo makes of the /srv directory.
6 > > Google doesn't help, nor gentoo-wiki. It's referred to in (I think)
7 > > webapp-config postinst, but I can't find out what it means.
8 > >
9 > > Can anyone here help?
10 >
11 > When defined in the configuration file of wabapp-config /srv will be
12 > used as base for the web apps. installed by webapp-config. By
13 > default /var/www will be used.
14
15 Thanks to all.
16
17 It seems there is no special handling of /srv in Gentoo after all, and I
18 should just ignore the reference.
21 Rgds
22 Peter