From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: -fPIC - Toolchain broken?
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:46:42
1 Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o> posted 45379CDC.1010504@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:42:20 +0200:
3
4 > If you want to add instead of replace, CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -fadded" will do
5 > the job. Removing is done with CFLAGS=" ${CFLAGS}" ;
6 > CFLAGS=${CFLAGS//-fremoved}
7 >
8 > So you can do effectively anything, given you know the bash tricks ;)
9
10 Hey, thanks! The add was a no-brainer here, but I hadn't thought about the
11 remove trick yet. Very nice! =8^)
12
13 Will those tricks work in make.conf directly, say to add or subtract from
14 CFLAGS when assigning CXXFLAGS? I had at first thought not, but thinking
15 again, perhaps so, if python takes it literally but never uses it except
16 by passing it to bash which immediately expands it as appropriate.
17
18 I suppose I could test, but it'd be after some sleep and if you know in
19 the mean time...
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list